the man RAN AWAY FROM TIFA AND LIVED INSIDE OF AERITH’S CHURCH (that he feels at peace in) WHILE HE WAS DYING. that’s right, he was able to find peace with another woman (aerith) while he was dying but he couldn’t with Tifa.
HE UP AND LEFT 7TH HEAVEN
there were no goodbyes
he just left.
without even answering tifa’s “do you love me” question, btw
(which should tell people something)
and on top of that, before and after he left seventh heaven HE NEVER CALLED HER OR PICKED UP ONE OF HER CALLS.
he just ignored her. and this literally went on for months (around the time of her birthday, no less).
that is not commitment, that is not devotion, that is not love.
Reasons why Cloud left Tifa (and the kids, and the rest of his friends):
- Because he was dying and wanted to find a cure for not only himself, but the hundreds of other victims of the same disease.
- Because he had geostigma— and thus was seeing/hearing Sephiroth in his head.
- Because he was in a lot of pain and felt vulnerable.
- Because he’d been manipulated by Sephiroth before and had been very close to hurting the people he cared about (and was also a large reason towards why Meteor was summoned.)
- Because he was scared of the same thing happening again.
- Because he felt going off on his own in solitude was the best thing he could do in that situation, no matter how lonely he was. He wanted them SAFE because they mean something to him.
- Because he’s lost people before and he doesn’t want to lose anyone else.
- He never picked up his phone because talking to them (THEM. Not just Tifa called.) would have made him feel even more homesick. Yet he didn’t turn off his phone completely because hearing them ringing still made him feel like they cared, and thus reminded him exactly of what he could potentially lose if he came back without first finding a cure.
Reasons why he went to the Church instead of elsewhere:
- Because it’s abandoned.
- Because it’s nostalgic.
- Because it makes him feel safe, and helps him calm down somewhat.
- Because it reminds him of Aerith, and perhaps he was hoping that before he died it would be the closest place to seeing her again.
Cloud cares about BOTH TIFA AND AERITH. It’s clear in his actions that he cares about EVERYONE IN AVALANCHE. He can be committed to them both. He can care about them both. He wouldn’t answer such a question as that because he was dying, because it was the wrong time, because he had far too much on his plate than romance.
IT WAS A SACRIFICIAL ACTION THAT SHOULD SHOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH HE CARED ABOUT THEM.
Shipping shouldn’t even need to come into it, omfg.
Bless this post.
“Anyone who gets in my way’s a target.”
“Woman?” She chuckled. “Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” Dany met his stare. “I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi to Drogo’s riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.”